DEFINITION OF TWO COMPONENT SILICONE ADHESIVE
PNS-56228 is a two-component clear ONE TO ONE MIX RATIO room temperature cure silicone adhesive. It is designed with good adhesion to difficult substrates where flexibility and high temperature resistance are required. Possible applications include automotive, telecommunications, transformers, cable insulation, capacitors, coils, insulators/bushings, and transducers. PNS-56228 can be used as a tie coat between silicone encapsulants and low energy substrates. PNS-56228 is used as a masking agent in electronic assembly.
APPLICATION PROPERTIES FOR PNS-56228 CLEAR ADHESIVE
- Since PNS-56228 has very good adhesion to most common circuit board materials, it does not require the use of primers, buffers, conformal coatings, or silicone gels that are needed for most applications
- PNS-56228 provides long-term protection from about â€“ 65°C to 150°C
- PNS-56228 in side by side dual cartridges of 50 ml, 200ml, 400ml, gallon and 5 gallon containers
- For evaluation purposes: add equal parts PNS-56228 Part B & PNS-56228 Part A at room temperature. Mix thoroughly. Degas to 0.5 mm Hg or less until all entrained air has been expelled (about 2-3 minutes)
- PNS-56228 is designed to be applied by convenient two part cartridges or meter mix equipment
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF CURED PNS-56228
The properties listed in the datasheet were determined from measurements carried out in a limited number of tests. These properties are given as guidance, and do not constitute a guarantee. It will be for the user, in all cases, to carry out their own tests to determine whether PNS-56228 is suitable for the userâ€™s particular application.
STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Store PNS-56228 in a cool dry place away from food, heat, moisture, direct sunlight, acidic, oxidizing agents, and peroxides
- Avoid contact with other materials containing sulfur, tin, nitrogen compounds, including rubber, epoxies, polyurethanes, poly-sulfides, poly-amides, and other silicone RTVâ€™s which may inhibit cure
- Blanket opened containers of PNS-56228 with dry nitrogen and closed tightly.
PRECAUTIONS IN USE
Refer to the material safety data sheet.
For specific packaging requirements, please contact Protavic America, Inc.