PTS-46313 is a one-component silicone encapsulate designed for encapsulation by casting of completed circuit boards, hybrid circuits, and power supplies, where flexibility, repair-ability, thermal conductivity, and high temperature resistance are required. Possible applications include automotive, telecommunications, transformers, cable end sleeves, capacitors, coils, insulators/bushings, transducers, and (re-enter able) telephone cable splicers.
- PTS-46313 is expected to meet the flammability requirements of UL94 V-0 at a thickness of 3.4 mm or higher
- PTS-46313 meets Bellcore Extractables method and specification, Paragraph 10.3, 10.3.1.1, 10.3.2, 85°C/85% RH endurance tests (no metal migration or failures after 1000 hours)
- Since PTS-46313 has very good adhesion to most common circuit board materials, it does not require the use of primers, buffers, conformal coatings, or silicone gels that are needed for most applications
- PTS-46313 provides long-term circuit protection from about -65°C to 200°C.
- PTS-46313 can be cured using a forced air convection oven at times and temperatures ranging from 2 hours at 85°C to 30 minutes at 125°C. Allow 30 minutes extra for parts to warm up to temperature
- PTS-46313 is the premixed, frozen version of EGE-303 HK. It should be stored at -40°C. To use, simply remove from the freezer and allow warming to room temperature before dispensing to the component or device
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF CURED PTS-46313
The properties listed below were determined from measurements carried out in a limited number of tests. These properties are given as guidance, and do not constitute a guarantee. It will be for the user, in all cases, to carry out their own tests to determine weather PTS-46313 is suitable for the userâ€™s particular application.
STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Store PTS-46313 at -40°C
- Avoid contact with other materials containing sulfur, tin, nitrogen compounds, including rubber, epoxies, polyurethanes, polysulfides, polyamides, and other silicone RTVâ€™s which may inhibit cure
PRECAUTIONS IN USE
Refer to the attached material safety data sheet.