PTS-46303 A/B is a UL Recognized two-component silicone encapsulant designed for encapsulation by casting of completed circuit boards, hybrid circuits, and power supplies, where flexibility, repair-ability, thermal conductivity, and high temperature resistance are required. Possible applications include automotive, telecommunications, transformers, cable end sleeves, capacitors, coils, insulators/bushings, transducers, and (re-enter-able) telephone cable splicers.
- PTS-46303 is UL approved to meet the flammability requirements of UL94 V-0 at a thickness of 3.4 mm or higher
- PTS-46303 meets Bellcore Extractables method and specification, Paragraph 10.3, 10.3.1.1, 10.3.2, 85°C/85% RH endurance tests (no metal migration or failures after 1000 hours)
- Since PTS-46303 has very good adhesion to most common circuit board materials, it does not require the use of primers, buffers, conformal coatings, or silicone gels that are needed for most applications
- PTS-46303 provides long-term circuit protection from about -65°C to 200°C
- PTS-46303 can be cured using a forced air convection oven at times and temperatures ranging from 2 hours at 85°C to 30 minutes at 125°C. Allow 30 minutes extra for parts to warm up to temperature
- For evaluation purposes: Add 5.1 g PTS-46303 Part B to 150 g PTS-46303 Part A at room temperature. Mix thoroughly. Degas to (29 inches of Hg) until all entrained air has been expelled (about 2-3 minutes)
- PTS-46303 is designed to be applied by meter mix equipment
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF CURED PTS-46303
The properties listed in the supplied PDF were determined from measurements carried out in a limited number of tests. These properties are given as guidance, and do not constitute a guarantee. It will be for the user, in all cases, to carry out their own tests to determine whether PTS-46303 is suitable for the userâ€™s particular application.
STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Store PTS-46303 in a cool dry place away from food, heat, moisture, direct sunlight, acidic, oxidizing agents, and peroxides
- Avoid contact with other materials containing sulfur, tin, nitrogen compounds, including rubber, epoxies, polyurethanes, polysulfides, polyamides, and other silicone RTVâ€™s which may inhibit cure
- Blanket opened containers of PTS-46303 with dry nitrogen and closed tightly
PRECAUTIONS IN USE
Refer to the attached material safety data sheet.
For specific packaging requirements, please contact Protavic America, Inc.