PTS-46303-1 is a two-component ONE TO ONE MIX RATIO silicone encapsulant designed for encapsulation by casting of completed circuit boards, hybrid circuits, and power supplies, where flexibility, repair-ability, thermal conductivity, and high temperature resistance are required. Possible applications include automotive, telecommunications, transformers, cable end sleeves, capacitors, coils, insulators/bushings, transducers, and (re-enterable) telephone cable splicers.
- PTS-46303-1 is designed to meet the flammability requirements of UL94 V-0 at a thickness of 3.4 mm or higher
- PTS-46303-1 meets Bellcore Extractables method and specification, Paragraph 10.3, 10.3.1.1, 10.3.2, 85°C/85% RH endurance tests (no metal migration or failures after 1000 hours)
- Since PTS-46303-1 has very good adhesion to most common circuit board materials; it does not require the use of primers, buffers, conformal coatings, or silicone gels that are needed for most applications
- PTS-46303-1 provides long-term circuit protection from about -65°C to 200°C
- PTS-46303-1 can be cured using a forced air convection oven at times and temperatures ranging from 2 hours at 85°C to 30 minutes at 125°C. Allow 30 minutes extra for parts to warm up to temperature
- For evaluation purposes: add equal parts PTS-46303-1 Part B & PTS-46303-1 Part A at room temperature. Mix thoroughly. Degas to 0.5 mm Hg or less until all entrained air has been expelled (about 2-3 minutes)
- PTS-46303-1 is designed to be applied by meter mix equipment
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF CURED PTS-46303-1
The properties listed below were determined from measurements carried out in a limited number of tests. These properties are given as guidance, and do not constitute a guarantee. It will be for the user, in all cases, to carry out their own tests to determine whether PTS-46303-1 is suitable for the userâ€™s particular application.
STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Store PTS-46303-1 in a cool dry place away from food, heat, moisture, direct sunlight, acidic, oxidizing agents, and peroxides
- Avoid contact with other materials containing sulfur, tin, nitrogen compounds, including rubber, epoxies, polyurethanes, polysulfides, polyamides, and other silicone RTVâ€™s which may inhibit cure
- Blanket opened containers of PTS-46303-1 with dry nitrogen and closed tightly
PRECAUTIONS IN USE
Refer to the material safety data sheet.
For specific packaging requirements, please contact Protavic America, Inc.