PNE-37850 encapsulant / adhesive is a low viscosity epoxy resin which is electrically insulating and is commonly used for metals, plastics, ceramics, ferrites,and other hard to bond substrates. The products adhesion to metals, ceramics and FR4 type substrates along with its thermal and chemical stability ensure good protection against environmental factors for electronic components. The PNE-37850 is available as a one- or a two-component system.
- The consistency of the PNE-37850 is well suited for micro-dispensers. The rheology allows for good wetting of surfaces in contact with the resin. It also provides good adhesion to substrates.
- This non-thixotropic, fast curing system offers high strength and thermal shock resistance from approximately -40ºC to 150ºC.
- PNE-37850 can be supplied as a one-component system premixed and frozen, ready to use in syringes designed to fit on a micro-dispenser, which has the advantage of avoiding handling operations that encourage the entrainment of air bubbles.
- If supplied as a one-component, PNE-37850 should be removed from the freezer 15 to 30 minutes before use to allow it to reach a temperature of between 18 and 22°C.
- When PNE-37850 is supplied as a two-component system, as with many resin products, crystallization of the resin can happen while in storage. PNE-37850 can be returned to its original state –without any performance and or quality loss– by heating to 60ºC for 1-2 hours. When all the crystals have melted the material should not re-crystallize for 1-2 weeks. To prevent re-crystallization, store in freezer until ready to use.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF THE CURED SYSTEM
The properties in the datasheet were obtained after curing for 30 minutes at 150ºC. They were determined following measurements carried out in the laboratory over a small number of tests. They are values given by way of guidance, and do not constitute a guarantee. It will be for the user, in all cases, to carry out their own tests to determine whether the PNE-37850 resin can be used for the particular application the user has in mind.
Available in a one- or a two-component system. Inquire with Protavic America for options.