ELECTRONICS GRADE EPOXY ADHESIVE DEFINITION
ANE-36142 is an electronics grade, unfilled two-component epoxy adhesive with high strength and high temperature resistance. ANE-36142 is designed for the bonding of ferrite parts. ANE-36142 is an excellent adhesive for many high temperature thermoplastics such as pol-etherimide, polyethersulfone, polysulfone as well as ceramics, metals, composite materials and films such as polyamide.
APPLICATION PROPERTIES FOR ELECTRONICS GRADE EPOXY ADHESIVE
- Low shrinkage during cure.
- Excellent resistance to harsh environments.
- Excellent strength at low and high temperatures.
- Excellent flow before and during cure.
- Smooth, clear, high gloss surface after cure.
- Excellent heat resistance.
- Excellent adhesion to most surfaces.
- The consistency of the ANE-36142 is well suited for the bonding of ferrites. The rheology allows for good wetting of surfaces in contact with the resin. It also provides good adhesion to substrates.
- ANE-36142 wicks into the interfaces of clamped ferrite parts and subsequently cures to form a permanent bond. The bond results in no loss of inductance after severe conditioning such as 325°C vapor phase soldering, 180°C aging, and -65°C thermal shock.
- ANE-36142 or the ferrite surfaces to be bonded do not need any special preparation or primers. The only requirement is that the ferrite surfaces be clean and tight fitting.
- ANE-36142 is supplied as a two-component system, as with many resin products, crystallization of the resin can happen while in storage. ANE-36142 can be returned to its original state –without any performance and or quality loss– by heating to 60ºC for 1-2 hours. When all the crystals have melted the material should not re-crystallize for 1-2 weeks. To prevent re-crystallization, store in a freezer until ready to use.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF CURED ANE-36142
The properties set out below were obtained after curing for one hour at 150ºC. They were determined following measurements carried out in the laboratory over a small number of tests. They are values given by way of guidance, and do not constitute a guarantee. It will be for the user, in all cases, to carry out their own tests to determine whether the ANE-36142 resin can be used for the particular application the user has in mind.