DEFINITION OF ATE-46446
ATE-46446 is a thermally conductive, room temperature curing adhesive for Bonded heat sinks and other applications where a high degree of thermal conductivity is required.
- Check ATE-46446 Part A for filler settling. If filler settling has occurred, warm to
- 100°F and mix with spatula or other suitable device such as paint blade or shaker.
- To prepare small quantities of ATE-46446 (100 g or less) add Part B to Part A at about
38°C (100°F), mix thoroughly then vacuum degas at 0.5mm Hg or let stand at room
temperature for 10-15 minutes before using.
- For larger amounts of ATE-46446, spread the mixed material onto a horizontal
plate or surface, no thicker the 1/4 inch, and let stand until most air has escaped, or
degas the mixed material at 29 inches Hg in a container 3-4 times larger than the
- Since the cure reaction is exothermic, never mix more than 2,000 g of ATE-
46446 at one time. Once a large batch is mixed the ATE-46446 must be used
within 30 minutes after mixing; otherwise, a dangerous exotherm may develop!!
Any questions about this, please contact Protavic America, Inc.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF THE CURED SYSTEM
The properties set out below were obtained after curing for 24 hours at 25°C. They were
determined following measurements carried out in the laboratory over a small number of tests. They are values given by way of guidance, and do not constitute a guarantee. It will be for the user, in all cases, to carry out their own tests to determine whether ATE-46446 can be used for the particular application they have in mind.