Fast flow, fast cure capillary underfill. The rheology of PROTAVIC® ANE 20961 in combination with its low glass transition temperature and its very low coefficient of thermal expansion makes the product perfect for high reliability underfill application, where some softness is required. It presents a good pot life at room temperature 20-22°C and a high reactivity at moderate temperature.
PROTAVIC® ANE 20961 adhesive combines excellent adhesive and thermal properties.
Its good latency enables it to be kept at 20 ± 2°C for five days, so the viscosity remains virtually unchanged throughout the working day. It possesses excellent properties in terms of adhesion and protection against harmful environmental factors, due to its high purity epoxy base.
It is 100% cross-linkable by heat at temperature of between 125 and 200°C.
METHOD OF USE
- Take the container out of the freezer not more than 30-45 minutes before use in order to prevent any re-absorption of moisture.
- Work on clean surfaces or clean all surfaces in order to remove any dirt or grease. Do not deposit the adhesive on a substrate which has just been cleaned with chlorinated solvents.
- Preheat flip chip assembly to between 90 and 120°C (higher temperatures are possible in the case of small components, as the underfill time is reduced).
- Apply the adhesive by dispensing, using a syringe (500 microns diameter needles may be used) on one or two sides of the chip perimeter.
- Cure using one of the curing cycles which is compatible with the components, the substrate and the manufacturing conditions.
FIELDS OF USE
PROTAVIC® ANE 20961 adhesive excellent properties make it especially suitable for use in the microelectronics fields.