DEFINITION OF CAPILLARITY UNDERFILL
Fast flow, fast cure capillarity underfill. The rheology of the PROTAVIC® ANE 10931 in combination with its high glass transition temperature and its very low coefficient of thermal expansion make the product perfect for high reliability underfill apllications. It presents a good pot life at room temperature 20-22° C and high reactivity at moderate temperature.
The PROTAVIC® ANE 10931 adhesive combinesexcellent adhesive and thermal properties.Its good latency enables it to be kept at 20 + 2° Cfor three days, so the viscosity remains virtuallyunchanged throughtout the working day.It possesses excellent properties in terms of adhesionand protection against harmful environmental factors,due to its high purity epoxy base.It is 100% cross-linkable by heat at temperature ofbetwen 125 and 200° C.
METHOD OF USE
- Take the container out of the freezer not morethan 30-45 minutes before use in order to preventany re absorption of moisture.
- Work on clean surfaces or clean all surface inorder to remove any dirt or grease. Do not depositethe adhesive on a substrate which as just beencleaned with chlorinated solvents.
- Preheat flip chip assembly to between 90 and120° C (higher temperatures are possible in thecase of small components, as the underfill time isreduced).
- Apply the adhesive by dispensing, using a syringe(very small diameter needles may be used) on oneor two sides of the chip perimeter.
- Cure using one of the curing cycles with acompatible with the components, the sustrateand the manufacturing conditions.
FIELDS OF USE
The PROTAVIC® ANE 10931 adhesive’s excellen tproperties make it especially suitable for use in the microelectronics fields.
PRECAUTION IN USE
Refer to the attached material safety data sheet.
The PROTAVIC® ANE 10931adhesive is supplied in12g or 40g syringes.