SINGLE COMPONENT ELECTRO-CONDUCTIVE ADHESIVE
A silver filled, fast curing, solvent free, single component electro-conductive adhesive.
It has a pot life of 48 hours and its rheology is well-suited to application by micro-dispenser and screen printing on automatic lines. Its reactivity enables it to be cured on-line at 150-
200°C especially in the manufacture of tantalum capacitors. It outstanding features are : high ionic purity, good flexibility and good adhesion. It is a more viscous, and latent version of the PROTAVIC® ACE 10110. This new resin PROTAVIC® ACE 10131 is thus better designed for the micro-dispensing.
The PROTAVIC® ACE 10131 resin combines the excellent adhesive properties of epoxy resins with the good electrical conductivity of pure silver. Its good latency enables it to be kept at 20°C for 1 to 2 ————————————————————————————————————————————
Click Here for a quick quote on a volume-pricing request
days, so the viscosity remains virtually unchanged throughout the working day. It possesses excellent properties in terms of adhesion and protection against harmful environmental factors, due to its epoxy base. It is 100 % cross-linkable by heat at temperatures of between 75 and 200°C.
|% Ash residue||70 ±2||TGA 1|
|Plate viscosity at 25°C (mPa.s)||2 000 ±500||NFT 51211|
|Calorimetric pic (°C)||152.5 ±10||DSC 1|
|Resistivity after curing 5 min.
at 200°C (mΩ.cm)
|< 0.3||ECA 1|
|Curing cycles||60-90 minutes at 75°C
30-60 minutes at 100°C
10-20 minutes at 125°C
3-6 minutes at 150°C
1-2 minutes at 175°C
15-30 seconds at 200°C
|Pot life at 20 ± 2°C||48 hours|
|Storage stability||6 months at T < -20°C
12 months at T < -40°C
|Pot life* at 20 ± 3°C
Increase of 40 % of the viscosity
METHOD OF USE
- Take the container out of the freezer not more than 20 to 30 minutes before use in order to prevent any re-absorption of moisture.
- Clean all surfaces in order to remove any dirt or grease. Do not put the adhesive on a substrate which has just been cleaned with chlorinated solvents.
- Apply the adhesive with :
- a micro-dispenser. Use needles with an internal diameter of between 0.3 and 1.0 mm
- a spatula
- a screen printing machine. Use polyester or stainless steel screens with an 80 to
- 325 mesh size (strands per inch)
- a pad
4. Cure using one of the curing cycles which is compatible with the component, thesubstrate and the manufacturing conditions.
ELECTRICAL & THERMAL PROPERTIES
|Electrical resistivity||ECA 1||mΩ.cm||< 0.3|
|Coefficient of thermal expansion :
– from -50°C to +50°C
– from 100 to 250°C
40-50 x 10-6
90-100 x 10-6
|Glass transition temperature||TMA 1*||°C||70-80|
|Thermal conductivity||CTH2||W/(m.K)||2.5 – 3.0|
|Decomposition temperature in air||TGA 1**||°C||390 – 410|
|Loss of weight between 25°C and :
0.1 – 0.2
0.3 – 0.4
0.8 – 1.0
FIELDS OF USE
The PROTAVIC® ACE 10131 system’s excellent properties make it especially suitable for use in the microelectronics field.
- Tantalum capacitors = sticking slabs onto lead frames
- Surface mounting = mounting components on printed circuits. Screen printing conductive circuits on flexible or semi-rigid substrates
- Repairing printed circuits = adhesion which has to allow for differences in rates of expansion between the two materials to be assembled
PRECAUTIONS OF USE
Refer to the enclosed safety data sheet.
The PROTAVIC® ACE 10131 is supplied in 25 g, 100g, 500 g, 1 000 g pots or in 350 g and 850 g cartridges.